- God values life ...even the unborn...every embryo has the potential to grow into a beautiful child. Embryos are souls frozen in stasis.
- You have only 3 options with 2 outcomes:
You can choose to destroy your embryos, give to science ( still destruction ) or donate for a chance at life.
- Keeping your embryos frozen forever is not an answer.
Don’t force this decision on your children through your indecision. Just like not having a will to protect your living children in case of your death, not making a decision leads to the potential destruction, abandonment or donation to a family that does not share your faith and beliefs.
- Abandoning your embryos can lead to destroying them. The law is tricky. Unless your cryopreservation facility has you sign a contract that allows donation if they are abandoned for nonpayment ( even if it is not intentional on your part ), they will generally choose destruction as the least complicated option.
- But…..How do I know that the surviving embryos, my children’s siblings will have a good life and be raised in the faith unless I raise them?
There are no guarantees in life. You and your spouse might be killed in a car wreck tomorrow. If you were killed in an accident would you want your living children killed because you could not be there to raise them? No, you would have a will that designates who would raise your living children. You would hope and pray that the family you had chosen would continue to raise them like you would. It is the same for your embryos. You are choosing the best option to give them the gift of life and choosing a family that you think will raise them to love the Lord.
- Trust in God...God has a plan. He has a plan for your living children and your embryos. Don’t let your fear, keep these souls frozen in stasis instead of living the life God meant for them to have.