Last Modified: November 23, 2019
This Website is offered and available to users who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Minors are prohibited from access to this Website.
By using this Website, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age and capacity to form a binding contract with EAP and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Website.
The Website is to be used for its intended purpose, facilitating and providing a network of potential embryo adopters and donors. This Website contains no medical or legal advice. Before considering embryo adoption, you should consult with your doctor or other medical professional. Before proceeding with an embryo adoption, you should consult with an attorney.
- Accessing the Website
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Website, and any service or product we may provide on the Website, in our sole discretion, without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users.
- Changes to the Website
We may update the content on this Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up to date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
- Membership Subscription Payment
When placing an order on our Website for your membership subscription, you are offering to purchase our products, goods, and/or and services. Membership subscriptions are for a term of one month and may be renewed as you choose.
We reserve the right to accept or reject any order in our own discretion. In the event of acceptance of your offer, you will receive a confirming email at the email address that you provide to us during checkout.
- 5.1.Payment Terms
All applicable prices are set forth alongside the services or products offered on the Website. Such prices are subject to change at any time by us in our sole discretion. Payment may only be made with a valid credit, debit card, or use of our third party electronic payment processor. By using any such card or payment provider, you represent and warrant that you have authority to make such purchase in the manner elected without violating any applicable law, rule, or regulation.
- Member Information and Content.
While you may have access to content posted or generated by other members, including member profiles, you may only use this information and content to the extent that your use is consistent with the Website’s purpose of connection of potential embryo adopters and donors. You may not use or otherwise copy any member content and member content may not be used by you for commercial purposes or harassment. You may not disclose the content or information of other members.
- Member Interactions.
The Website offers the opportunity for members to interact and to exchange information. EAP does not conduct criminal background checks on its users, does not independently verify embryo clinic letters, and does not conduct inquiry into the backgrounds or veracity of member-provided information of users. EAP does not attempt to verify statements made by members and is not responsible for the conduct of users or the validity of information posted by users.
- Intellectual Property Rights
All third-party intellectual property (including word marks, logos and icons), referenced on the Website remain the property of their respective owners. CEAN’s use of third-party trademarks does not indicate any relationship, sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement between EAP and the owners of these trademarks. Nothing on the Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any third-party trademark. Any references on the Website to third party trademarks is solely to identify the corresponding third-party goods and/or services and shall be considered nominative fair use under the trademark law.
- Copyright Infringement
EAP respects the intellectual property of others and expects our users to do the same. We take complaints of copyright infringement seriously and will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law.
This Website qualifies as a Service Provider within the meaning of 17 U.S.C. § 512(k) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). Accordingly, it is entitled to certain protections from claims of copyright infringement under the DMCA, commonly referred to as the safe harbor provisions. To that end, and in accordance with the DMCA, 17 U.S.C. § 512, EAP has implemented procedures for reporting instances of copyright infringement.
8.1 Reporting Claims of Copyright Infringement
If you are a copyright holder, or its authorized representative, and believe in good faith that content residing or accessible on or through the Website infringes your copyrighted work, you may submit a notice of copyright infringement by sending written notice of copyright infringement to our designated agent (“Agent”) electronically at [EMAIL] or via mail to:
Embryo Adoption Project, LLC
ATTN: Customer Service
Your notice of copyright infringement should provide the following information:
- A direct link to any copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed and clear description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed (if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, you may provide a representative list of such works);
- A description of the material on our Website that you claim is infringing;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the allegedly infringing material (please be as detailed as possible and provide web addresses (URLs) leading directly to the material);
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, postal address and an e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials in the manner asserted is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf;
- A statement that the information in the written notice is accurate; and
- Your physical or electronic signature (typing your full legal name is sufficient).
Please do not send any other information to our Agent. Please note that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA, Your DMCA Notice may not be effective. If you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Website is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
If notice is effective, we may forward the notice of copyright infringement or information contained therein, as well as the Complainant’s contact information, to the user who posted the allegedly infringing content. Additionally, if we remove or disable access to the content pursuant to a valid DMCA notice, EAP will immediately notify the user that the content has been removed or disabled.
8.2 Counter-Notification Procedures
If you believe that material you posted on the Website was removed or access to it was disabled by mistake or misidentification, you may file a counter-notification with us (a "Counter-Notice") by submitting written notification to our copyright agent designated above. Pursuant to the DMCA, the Counter-Notice must include the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- An identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access disabled;
- Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, and, if available, email address);
- A statement under penalty of perjury by you that you have a good faith belief that the material identified above was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- A statement that you will consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or if you reside outside the United States for any judicial district in which the Website may be found) and that you will accept service from the person (or an agent of that person) who provided the Website with the complaint at issue.
The DMCA allows us to restore the removed content if the party filing the original DMCA Notice does not file a court action against you within ten (10) business days of receiving the copy of your Counter-Notice.
Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Website was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
8.3 Repeat Infringers
It is also the policy of EAP, in appropriate circumstances and in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate the accounts of users who are repeat copyright infringers.
- Prohibited Uses
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation, including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries.
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm others in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any "junk mail", "chain letter" or "spam" or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user or any other person or entity, including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses associated with any of the foregoing.
- To infringe the intellectual property rights of others.
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party's use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful to the Website or its servers or databases.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
- Information About You and Your Visits to the Website
- User Content
We, including third party partners and our affiliates, may ask you for Feedback (as further defined below) on your experience with the Website and the services offered thereon. EAP shall become the owner of any reviews, comments, suggestions or other feedback regarding the Website or services offered through the Website posted to the Website or on EAP’s social media pages (collectively, "Feedback") and it may share Feedback with any of its affiliates. EAP will not be required to treat any Feedback as confidential and will not be liable for any Feedback posted on the Website or elsewhere. Without limitation, EAP will have exclusive ownership of all present and future existing rights to the Feedback and will be entitled to use the Feedback for any commercial or other purpose whatsoever, including to advertise and promote EAP, without compensation to you or any other person sending the Feedback.
To the extent that you decide to post any content (“User Content”) on the Website or on EAP’s social media pages, you agree that your User Content will not contain third-party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third-party proprietary rights, unless you have written permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant EAP all of the license rights granted herein. You acknowledge that you are responsible for whatever material you submit, and that you have sole responsibility for the Feedback, including its legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright. EAP may refuse to accept or transmit User Content and shall have the right to delete, edit, modify, reformat, excerpt, or translate any of your User Content.
- Links from the Website
If the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
- Right of Termination
- Disclaimer of Warranties
EAP DISCLAMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL EAP, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
Certain state laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some, or all, of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations may not apply to you, and you may have additional rights.
- Dispute Resolution
If the Dispute cannot be resolved by negotiations, either party may elect to have the Dispute finally and exclusively resolved by submission to binding arbitration. Any election to arbitrate by one party shall be final and binding on the other. This arbitration provision limits your and EAP’s ability to litigate claims in court and to have the Dispute heard by a jury. You and EAP are waiving the right to trial by jury. Arbitration shall be commenced and conducted by JAMS, pursuant to its Comprehensive Arbitration Rules (available on the JAMS webpage). Arbitration proceedings shall be instituted in the state of Texas, county of Dallas.
- Governing Law.
These Terms of Service will be governed and interpreted pursuant to the laws of Texas, United States of America, notwithstanding any principles of conflicts of law. You specifically consent to personal jurisdiction in Texas in connection with any dispute between you and us arising out of these Terms of Service or pertaining to the subject matter hereof. No arbitration, lawsuit, or other proceeding shall be instituted in any forum but for the state of Texas.
- Waiver and Severability
- Entire Agreement
- Questions, Comments and Concerns
This website is operated by Embryo Adoption Project, LLC. Feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to: [EMAIL] or by registered mail at the appropriate address below:
Embryo Adoption Project, LLC
Attention: Customer Service